- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- From Manhattan Toy’s award winning Wimmer-Ferguson infant collection – the original innovator of black and white developmental toys
- Each page of this 10 page board book features a simple, one word text to encourage back and forth between adult and baby
- Each page features high-contrast graphics with both black and white and bold color images to stimulate baby’s visual development
- Pages are easy for little fingers to turn, the last page features a baby-safe mirror for self-discovery
- Measures 6″ x 6″, sturdy board book construction, easy to tuck into a travel bag or purse
daughter loves it
I bought this book for my 4 month old daughter so that I could have something to read to her for story time that she would be interested in. There were just enough words on the pages to keep her attention while she viewed the pictures and her favorite part of the book was the end with the mirror so she could see herself. I liked it for her and even more so, i liked that she liked it.
Good lil book
Bold contrast, black and white shapes with some foil and some color, words for later , sturdy and all. The kid loves it.
I love these little books. They get babies attention and, while they do not have the most interesting story line for adults, babies seem to respond positively to the shapes, colors, and the mirror. Wonderful little book!
Entertaining for infants
My daughter is not quite 3 months old and she is easily entertained by this book. I can open it to a page and she will stare at it for 5 minutes. When she sees herself on the last page, she begins cooing as if she is talking to another baby.
A definite keeper: From newborn to little talker
We started "reading" this to our son almost daily from 8 weeks old. You could tell he really enjoys the pictures from day one. He’s know 13 weeks and as his focus has improved the familiarity of the images brings him great joy, especially the last two pages! There isn’t a story in the book, just bold but simple pictures with the corresponding word above the image. My husband and I enjoy creating a story around each picture or just finding something new to describe the image each time we read to him. It stretches our imaginations too! Our son is already pretty "chatty" but always quiets down to concentrate on this book. I think it’s the perfect length to hold my his attention. I can see this being a go-to book until he’s speaking as it will help,with word recognition.
My baby is eight weeks old, and she’s been enjoying this book since she was about six weeks old. The mirror at the end of the book is precious, and doesn’t make her face look creepy and warped like the safety plastic mirrors on her other toys.